qtmoko v27

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Sat Sep 25 10:53:01 CEST 2010

Hi,
new experimintal qtmoko-v27 with 2.6.34 kernel is out now. You can download it
from our sourceforge page [1]

Qtmoko is distribution based on debian+qtopia, for more info see [2][3][4].

Changes from latest v26 stable release:

* New 2.6.34 kernel [5]
* GPRS fixes (Alex Samorukov and Pierre)
* Alarm fixes (Alex Samorukov)
* Using devtmpfs for faster boot and more memory

For new kernel credits go to Gennady Kupava, Lars-Peter Clausen and
Thibaut Girka. Lars for porting to newer versions and upstreaming, Gena for
help with the power consumption bug, fixing WS problems and being nice to help
anytime, Thibaut for upstreaming and blanking fix.

I have been testing 2.6.34 kernel for one week now and to me it looks ok.
There can be issues with SD card [6], the touchscreen driver is missing
filtering so it's a bit jittery and i think accelerometers are somehow strange
now.

Please report if you find any other regressions against 2.6.29. Otherwise i
will probably switch to 2.6.34 as stable kernel in next releases.

As for GPRS - it should work again and a bit better. However we still probably
need better multiplexing - plan is to use kernel gsm multiplexer.

Alarm now uses RTC_WKALM and instead of deprecated RTC_ALM and we no longer
build with BROKEN_RTC_ALARM which could cause random wakeup at night.

In the end i have decided to use devtmpfs as default /dev manager. You can
easily switch back to udev by just apt-get install udev.

I hope i havent missed anything. Please report mainly regressions again v26
version. For me this version is good enough for daily use - i hope same will
be for you.

Regards

Radek

[1] https://sourceforge.net/projects/qtmoko/files/Experimental/