qtmoko v27

Alex Samorukov ml at os2.kiev.ua
Sun Sep 26 14:00:20 CEST 2010

On 09/25/2010 10:45 PM, Timo Juhani Lindfors wrote:
> Alex Samorukov<ml at os2.kiev.ua>  writes:
>
>> Thank you for update. How did you measure this drift? Anyway, i don`t
>>
> With http://lindi.iki.fi/lindi/openmoko/compare-clock-sources.pl

Thanks.

Also it can compare only system clock with RTC, so we always assume that
system time is correct. Calypso time - do we need it at all?

I think right scenario is to get ntptime (slow op), and then - RTC +
system, and compare them. Not sure that system clock is really accurate :)

>> hwclock changes are not important for qtmoko, because rtc driver
>> controls /dev/rtc elusively (its very easy to change, but i don`t
>> think that it needs to be changed).
>>
> Hmm, what driver is that in qtmoko btw?

Not driver, daemon. atd from qpe.
>> Thank you, need to check. If it is - then its a serious argument
>> against this change. Do you know any other syslogd with in-memory
>> buffer?
>>
> How about just using normal syslogd with tmpfs as storage?

It will not do circular buffer then.