Devroom for FOSDEM11

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at
Mon Sep 27 20:50:48 CEST 2010

Am 27.09.2010 um 20:14 schrieb Serdar Dere:

>  Hi guys,
> I am taking the initative again, like the last time.

Kudos to you!

> But I would change the topic.
> Last time it was called Openmoko Devroom, but I want to change it to
> Hackable Devices Devroom for next FOSDEM.

Sounds good to me.

As far as I understand the policy of the Devroom decisions they favour
more general topics instead of single projects (although there are some).

If I look through the list of topics, there should be a little more focus on
hackable *mobile* devices (there are routers, embedded boards etc.).

Also note that there was an "Embedded" Devroom collecting a lot of
different topics every year (I think in 2007 Sean's presentation was part
of that). See:

"Embedded / Mobile (contact email)
The embedded/mobile room is the place to be for people with an interest in everything small, hidden, with different CPU's and/or a gadget or mobile device.
Here we discuss and present things like hacking your phone, PDA or router and everything about cross-compiling. The people that gather here are usually doing tons of cool stuff with small low-powered devices, from playing music to controlling big and complex systems."

So we must somehow differentiate from that or we simply get merged.