qtmoko v34 BlueTooth regressions

Alfa21 freerunner at my.is.it
Fri Apr 1 01:37:41 CEST 2011

2011-03-31 at 14:36 Radek Polak
> If there are no regressions against v33 i think this release could be moved
> from exprimental to stable.

hi, tnx for the new baby :)

beware:
themes and other apps are not included in apt repository, so they are not upgraded.
new (34-1) qtmoko and linux packages are not digitally signed and we get an untrusted warning.

a regression, not against v33 but maybe since the bluez4 upgrade:
in paired devices when we connect an headset/handsfree there is no longer the green ball near the active one and if you have more than one device listed it's difficult to know which one is enabled.

another regression always in bt is when you enable an headset/handsfree and gta goes to suspend mode loosing the connection, on incoming calls the bt connection is not re-established on wake and you have to answer from the phone.

also, IIRC, older versions of qtmoko (~v19?) when an handsfree was active, the profile was automatically switched to "car" and that was nice because an user could configure a different power management to disable the suspend also if on battery: in fact when gta suspends it looses the connection to the handsfree and it's not possible to make calls managed by the external (bt) system.

regards

--
ALFA21 IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED.