Qtmoko and u-boot

Gennady Kupava gb at bsdmn.com
Fri Apr 1 17:20:49 CEST 2011

В Птн, 01/04/2011 в 17:00 +0200, Ed Kapitein пишет:
> On Friday 01 April 2011 14:52:02 David Matthews wrote:
> > >I had a few problems with several uSD cards lately and i am trying to
> > >figure out what is going wrong.
> > >It used to be much more stable than it is now, i have massive file system
> > >corruption on a weekly basis.
> > >So i decided to downgrade to u-boot (was using qi) and back to an old
> > >andy- tracking kernel. Also i reverted back to xorg-server using the
> > >fbdev driver instead of the glamo driver.
> >
> > Ed - do you have a nand install and are the problems occurring after a
> > reboot? If so it's probably the same issue I posted about several weeks
> > back - I did post a work around as well, which for me at least, works
> > fine.
>
> Hi David,
>
> Thanks for the reply, but my situation is different.
> I have qtmoko on nand and gentoo on uSD, and qi as a bootloader to choose
> between the two,
> Even without rebooting the FR it start to mess up my uSD card filesystem.
> sometimes files that are unreadable are just fine after a reboot, sometimes the
> files are really messed up and need to be restored.
> It might well be that the glamo is getting bad or that there is another kind
> of hardware failure going on.
>
> I tried using ext2fs and ext3fs but hat does not change anything.
>
> ATM i am booting the SD card form nor boot and qtmoko from qi.
> But i would like to be able to use nand u-boot to boot from the SD card and
> from nand.

Hi, Ed,

I am using mine u-boot with few fixes, it's not without bugs, but it
probably has less bugs than openmoko's u-boot:

http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/U-boot-gena2x

Also i'd suggest to try reducing sd card clock in kernel params (in
u-boot env, glamo_mci.sd_max_clk=15000000).

And do backups. I am just removing sd card and do full dd dump of
contents to hdd, this takes 10 mins, but 100% error-proof, easy, fast
and painless recover. without any problems with partitions or anything
else.

Gennady.