qtmoko v34 regressions in themes background preview

Tiago Bortoletto Vaz tiago at debian.org
Fri Apr 1 18:26:48 CEST 2011

On Fri, Apr 01, 2011 at 01:06:19PM -0300, Tiago Bortoletto Vaz wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 01, 2011 at 09:22:29AM +0200, Alfa21 wrote:
> > 2011-03-31 at 14:36 Radek Polak
> > > * themes now use jpg for backgrounds to save space (Tiago Bortoletto Vaz)
> >

> > any updated theme now no longer display the background preview in appearance setting application.
> > the only one visible in preview is, in faenqomod, the one labelled "debian2".
> > maybe the others does not have jpg thumbnails? or maybe this one is not a jpg and preview does not support jpg format?
>
> I have no ideia whether it's a jpeg limitation or a qtopia implementation issue
> which could be solved by coding. Anyone?

...by going a little deeper it seems to be (at first) an implementation issue in
src/settings/appearance/appearance.cpp:

void Theme::getBackgroundPreview(QPixmap *pixmap)
{
    ensureLoaded();
    QString fileName = AppearanceSettings::findFile("pics/themes/"
        + m_uniqueName + '/' + m_backgrounds.value(m_backgroundIndex) + ".png");

    QPixmap bg(fileName);
    *pixmap = bg;
}

Could someone fix it? I have no way to build/test qtmoko here.

Thanks,

  .''`.  Tiago Bortoletto Vaz                         GPG  :      1024D/A504FECA
 : :' :  http://tiagovaz.org                          XMPP : tiago at jabber.org
 `. `'   tiago at {tiagovaz,debian}.org               IRC  :       tiago at OFTC
   `-    Debian GNU/Linux - The Universal OS               http://www.debian.org