qtmoko v35

David Matthews mail at dmatthews.org
Mon Apr 11 12:02:18 CEST 2011

>* live with bugged ubifs
>* patch apt-get so that it works without mmap
>* use the old trick with /var/cache/apt on tmpfs, but this has problems with
>limited memory and bigger upates/upgrades might not work
>* use some other flash filesystem - yaffs seems but does not support compression,
>i havent looked at logfs yet
>
>So any suggestions?

a stable bug free file system is nice to have :)

my vote would be to revert to jffs or offer that as an option - the apt-get
workaround never gave me problems (I do have a swap partition on micro sd); I
believe SHR has a choice of file systems.

Having said that there seem to be considerably reduced problems on v34/35 cf
v31/32 - I gave up on them and went back to v26 due to the crashes that required
a reflash. At least that does not happen on v34/35.

--
David Matthews
mail at dmatthews.org