Article: What happened to real open source phones?

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Fri Apr 22 09:56:07 CEST 2011

El día Thursday, April 21, 2011 a las 10:10:37AM +0000, Niels Heyvaert escribió:

> Hi all,
>
> To those of you who didn't see summary flying by on Linuxtoday.com, there is recent article published about the Openmoko:
>
> http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/mowi/article.php/3931296/What-Happened-to-Real-Open-Source-Phones.htm
>
> I'm sure that after reading the article, you'll have the urge to react.
>
> At least I know I did ;-)

All this crying is more or less useless and I will not comment it there.

I'm still using my FR as my daily and only cellphone (it still runs
Om2008.9) and I'm happy with it, even if the battery is poor and lasts
only 6-8 hours. But I don't care because I nearly always have my laptop
or some external batteries in a small gadget with AA cells to charge it.

Hopefully my FR hardware lasts until some other real Linux or even FreeBSD
cellphone shows up again.

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz
t +49-89-61308 351 - f +49-89-61308 399 - m +49-170-4527211