Article: What happened to real open source phones?

Toby D. Young tyoung at ippt.gov.pl
Fri Apr 22 10:41:34 CEST 2011

Greetings,

> I'm still using my FR as my daily and only cellphone (it still runs
> Om2008.9) and I'm happy with it, [...].

I am glad to see someone saying that   :-)

I am also using my freerunner (with QtMoko) as my only phone and I am
also very happy with it. Of course, I also find a few "glitches"
now-and-then in the software/hardware; though things are continually
improving and more options are continually being added.

> Hopefully my FR hardware lasts until some other real Linux or even
> FreeBSD cellphone shows up again.

I am hoping the GTA04 will turn into exactly that, and even so, the
freerunner feels pretty "real" to me   ;-)

A big thumbs up from me to the people who have worked on making that a
realisation, and to the people who have sponsored them! I am looking
forward to placing my order....

Best,
	Toby

--
Toby D. Young

Assistant Professor Philosophy & Physics
Polish Academy of Sciences
www:   http://www.ippt.gov.pl/~tyoung
skype: stenografia