Article: What happened to real open source phones?

Philip Rhoades phil at pricom.com.au
Fri Apr 22 15:13:57 CEST 2011

Radek,

On 2011-04-22 18:56, Radek Polak wrote:
> On Friday 22 April 2011 09:56:07 Matthias Apitz wrote:
>
>> I'm still using my FR as my daily and only cellphone (it still runs
>> Om2008.9) and I'm happy with it, even if the battery is poor and lasts
>> only 6-8 hours. But I don't care because I nearly always have my laptop
>> or some external batteries in a small gadget with AA cells to charge it.
>
> I have been measuring battery life with 2.6.37 kernel under QtMoko and after 5
> days without recharging the battery was low but it still worked. So it looks
> like freerunner is maybe one of the best smarphones as for battery life,

On my original battery and v34 QtMoko I was getting ~2hrs with constant
use (playing MP3s while walking on a treadmill) so I bought two new
BL-6C batteries (~$5 each - too cheap?).  When these batteries arrived,
the first battery had no charge at all and the second had a little.  I
have tested them both in standby mode:

Test	#1	#2

1	11
2		34
3	14
4		18
5	13
6		52

Mean	12.7	34.7

- aren't they are supposed to last for 70 hours?

Regards,

Phil.
--
Philip Rhoades