Article: What happened to real open source phones?

pike pike-openmoko at kw.nl
Fri Apr 22 15:31:43 CEST 2011

Hi

> I have been measuring battery life with 2.6.37 kernel under QtMoko and after 5
> days without recharging the battery was low but it still worked. So it looks
> like freerunner is maybe one of the best smarphones as for battery life,

Just for the record, I find that remarkable. I'm running
QtMoko out of the box and batteries last ~24hrs if I don't
touch it. I only use it for sms because the buzz is back.

I read the article, and I agree with the author I'm afraid.
Nevertheless, it's good OpenMoko was born, and I'm glad to have
seen it happen, partly.

[afk to play with cyanogenmod on my other phone]
*-pike