My VoIP experience in Freerunner

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Tue Aug 30 11:34:56 CEST 2011

On Monday 29 August 2011, Paul Fertser wrote:
> Be warned though, afaict the FR case (especially if you have both
> screws properly secured, i personally use my device without those for
> several years without any issues) provokes echo, so you might need to
> find an acceptable way (yet-to-be-discovered hardware mod or software)
> to do echo cancellation.

linphone has a simpler echo limiter that can be used if there isn't enough cpu
for the proper echo canceller, or if the level of distortion is too high for
it to work properly. It lowers or mutes the mic when the speaker level is high
so you effectively get half-duplex calls. It's not ideal, but probably better
than echo!

http://www.linphone.org/eng/documentation/dev/tuning-linphone.html