Tue Aug 30 19:13:18 CEST 2011
1) to remove/split any data that is openmoko proprietary/internal from
the public information. Traditionally, there was a clean separation
of such data in different virtual machines, so I think this is more
or less a hypothetical problem. Does any of the ex-openmoko guys
2) finding somebody with the required skills, dedication and trust by
all involved entities/people to actually maintain/upgrade those
systems for the time to come.
3) ensure that Openmoko, Inc. still has an adequate amount of "last
resort control" over what happens there, as it (after all) still is
their trademark. So if somebody sues them over content on those
sites, they need to be able to take action by removing such content
without having to go to anyone else.
4) migrate the VMs or at least the content to new, more reliable (and
also less expensive) rented server hardware.
I would like to use this opportunity to thank Sean for continuing to
fund the server hosting / traffic, and roh + gismo for what they have
done so far in keeping things alive.
- Harald Welte <laforge at gnumonks.org> http://laforge.gnumonks.org/
"Privacy in residential applications is a desirable marketing option."
(ETSI EN 300 175-7 Ch. A6)
More information about the community