QtMoko v37 for GTA04
psonek2 at seznam.cz
Fri Dec 2 23:53:58 CET 2011
qtmoko for Goldelico's GTA04 has just been released. You can download it from
sourceforge . Sources are on github in master_gta04 branch  and
instructions how to make rootfs are here . Kernel is based on hw_validation
For installing you need standard bootloader on SD card. Then just upack the
tarbal on ext filesystem and copy uImage from /boot to FAT.
Here is list of changes since v36:
* doc - fixed toolchain instructions (Rafael Ignacio Zurita)
* finger friendly patches for contacts, shutdown, call history, qtmail (Rafael
* added security.debian.org to sources.list (pabs3)
* using geomirros for in sources.list (pabs3)
* new input biglangscape input method (Rafael Ignacio Zurita)
* autorotation script (Rafael Ignacio Zurita)
* qx can now launch Qt-X11 apps like fbreader (LD_LIBRARY_PATH problem)
* qx can delete X11 lock files (useful if X crashed)
* delete qtopia temp dir on start (local sockets work after unclean restart)
* fixed singal status polling for AT modems
* option to disable signal polling for AT modems
* dont poll battery immediately on AT modems
* option to disable AT+CCED on AT modem
* option to decode operator name for AT modem plugins
* support for Exec argument .desktop files
* gta04 support for keys, battery, backlight, modem
On GTA04 you can expect:
1/ it can boot
2/ fast GUI
3/ quite working modem - signal, operator name, sim contacts, SMS, voice calls
but sounds routing is done just with umts-sound-route-start.sh script in
/opt/qtmoko/bin. You can configure GPRS, dialing will start but then
something goes wrong.
4/ working touchscreen and GTA04 keys
5/ charging indicators work
6/ battery driver is missing - newer kernel and adaptation is needed for this
7/ working sound
8/ working apps, qmplayer works nicely, qx should work nicely, the apps in
qtmoko app repository should be ok too. NeronGPS does not work because GPS
is not done yet. Media player after installing codecs plays without any
problems (unlike on GTA02).
9/ in power management setting works only display off. Brightness will need
10/ for bluetooth you will need go to devtool (gear icon), select
"Power on bluetooth" and "Restart QtExtended" with POWER button. I could
pair and connect A2DP on my bt headset and play lower quality sounds.
Hq sounds need probably faster bt (and newer kernel).
11/ you can turn on wifi with "wifi power on" in devtools (wifi-poweron.sh
script). For me it has bad sensitivity and connecting to ap works only
from command line (iwconfig). GUI does not work yet.
My plans for new GTA04 release is to upgrade to 3.2 kernel if possible, better
sound routing between umts and soundcard (jack, pulseaudio, some custom piece
of code?). QMplayer GUI could be improved too. Btw if you want to try videos,
you can encode them for GTA04 in qmplayer right on the device.
Are any of GTA02 owners interested in changes since v35, so that i should do
this release also for GTA02?
More information about the community