uSD corruption

Ed Kapitein ed at kapitein.org
Fri Dec 16 09:22:25 CET 2011

On Friday 16 December 2011 00:39:36 fdvjoif at vodafone.it wrote:
> Il 15/12/2011 22:57, Boudewijn ha scritto:
> >>
> >> 1) What kernel?
> >> 2) What boot loader?
> >> 3) What boot options?
> >> 4) What filesystem?
> >
> > 5) uSD speed?

> Sorry for the missing infos.
> OS: qtmoko v35 with kernel 2.6.34;
> bootloader: qi (shipped with qtomoko v35), no particular boot options,
> IINW; filesystem: ext2;
> uSD type: micro SDHC sdc4 8 gb class 4
>
> Regards
> Joif

Hi Joif,

Please take a look at [1] and [2] on how to set the SD clock to a lower value.
The drive strength param might have changed with the newer kernel, you have to
google a bit to see what is the right one.

Kind regards,
Ed

[1] http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Supported_microSD_cards/SD-C02G
[2] http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Supported_microSD_cards

PS I still have sometimes data coruption on the SD card ( once every 2 months
or so) so it still is not perfect, but very usable.