Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year from the GTA04 project

elf Pavlik perpetual-tripper at wwelves.org
Fri Dec 23 12:32:31 CET 2011

Excerpts from Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller's message of 2011-12-23 10:05:11 +0000:
> We did see a lot of progress this year in the
> GTA04 project towards a new open handheld
> mobile platform running free&open software
> and trying to respect as many freedoms of the
> user as possible.
>
> We have seen the delivery of the first batch
> of the Early Adopter boards (GTA04A3) and
> several members of this community have greatly
> improved on the kernel and user space applications.
>
> Thanks to those brave guys!
>
> On the hardware side the first GTA04A4 board
> has been produced and tested yesterday.
>
> After fixing three minor hardware issues and some
> issues in kernel, U-Boot and MLO/X-Loader [1]
> it appears that everything now works as expected!
>
> Production rampup will continue in the first week
> of January so that it will soon become possible to
> deliver from stock. And, we have now a closer
> cooperation with OpenPandora so that we will find
> synergies in software, hardware and production.
>
> For the group tour we already have reached 12%
> subscription and you have to hurry a little since the
> first early booking rebate will be sold out soon.
>
> So here is the new "baby" GTA04A4:
>

> Higher resolution image: http://lists.goldelico.com/pipermail/gta04-owner/attachments/20111223/d2bc54bc/attachment-0001.jpg
>
> Finally we have already made some experiments
> with 3D milling and also have a new idea how we can
> design a case that can be produced at shapeways.
>
> So you can expect progress in the area of new cases
> in the next weeks.
>
> Last but not least we have improved the hub page
> www.GTA04.org so that it should be easier to dig into
> relevant information starting at a single place.
>
> We from Golden Delicious Computers running
> the GTA04 project wish all a Merry Christmas
> (or if you don't believe in christian gods: we wish
> nice holidays :) and all the best for the year 2012.
>
> Nikolaus

Thank You Nikolaus =)

And big big big appreciation to all GTA04 contributors for the great work you do!!!

Happy Hacking...

~ elf Pavlik ~
--
(living strictly moneyless already for over 2 years)
http://wwelves.org/perpetual-tripper