Status GTA04 GroupTour

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Thu Dec 29 13:06:34 CET 2011

Hi Ben,

Am 29.12.2011 um 12:49 schrieb Ben Thompson:

> Hi
>
> Thank you for creating the GTA04.
>
> My problem is the early bird pricing which it seems to me requires some people pay more than others, without any real incentive or added value in the goods received. I don't want to pay 474 euros one

Well, the early birds take a higher risk that the group tour does
not start at all. If someone waits until 9th of February it is much
easier to estimate.

Those who subscribe early simply have to wait much longer
although they have paid. This is why we developed this early
bird rebate at all, to give some benefit to those who really
subscribe early and taking more risk.

> day when you were offering the same item the day before for 449 euros. First you need to find out if my view is held by others, if so my advice would be to write to the current subscribers to the group tour explaining that you made a mistake with the pricing, and ask permission to cancel their orders. Then you could create a new group buy with fair pricing for all which I am guessing would be a price somewhere between 449 and 499 euros.

The amount of the rebate we give to the early birds is driven
by donations and these are too limited to spread to everyone.
The fair price to everyone would be 499 EUR which covers all
cost we expect (i.e. we don't have 350*50 EUR = 17500 EUR).

So what do those think who have already ordered? Would you
think that cancelling the orders and start a new group buy is
an way to go?

Nikolaus