[Gta04-owner] [Marketing] Ideas / Plan

Glenn glenn.mh.dk at gmail.com
Sat Dec 31 09:19:51 CET 2011

On 30/12/11 07.39, Alishams Hassam wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> Firstly note that I am not a marketing expert by any means.

Me2 ;-)

> 1. Online and print magazines, news websites:

When GTA02 was sold and someone needed an ARM testboard, I recommended
GTA02 and http://www.embeddedartists.com/ boards to people on
news://comp.arch.embedded news://linux.debian.ports.arm and
news://comp.sys.arm , that wanted a fast ARM board to play with.

The reason is that with GTA02 you might end up with a useable access
point or phone - instead of a standard board. Bonus: GTA02 has wi-fi and
GSM modem!

A complete GTA04 has a lot more! It even has built-in UPS!

-

In the same sense a complete GTA04 could be marketed as a open ARM-based
test phone (almost no NDA needed) to technical department of
universities, colleges and other teaching schools.

-

But the schematic and chip specifications/documentation should be very
easily accessible (direct updated links), so hard core freaks can
evaluate the ARM board in an instant.

A lot of easy low-level software (not only Linux, but e.g. also FreeRTOS
or a short C or C++ program demonstrating GTA04 funtionality "here is
how the LED/wi-fi/IR/USB/SD-card/LCD/camera turns on/is used, like
embedded(-)artists..."), must be available so technically oriented
people can "wrestle" with it by themself or in education.

-

Then you/we will have a lot more technically oriented people working
with the phone hardware and software and with more suggestions.

Glenn