debian installed, uImage.bin not recognised

Timo Juhani Lindfors timo.lindfors at iki.fi
Fri Feb 4 20:15:18 CET 2011

Eric Smith <es at fruitcom.com> writes:
> I do not understand why the Debian maintainers did not create a static
> respository istead of linking to unstable that is a moving target.

You mean like take lenny and provide unofficial repository of openmoko
specific packages for it? I guess there are multiple problem. I
understood that many freesmartphone.org programs required software
that is not in lenny and a massive backport effort would have been in
order.

Install.sh definitely suffers from the fact that unstable changes
constantly.

> I will give this another try when I have some more time.

You probably need JTAG to debug Qi though? With u-boot you'd at least
get error messages to both display and USB.