faenqo

Joif fdvjoif at vodafone.it
Sat Feb 5 19:06:16 CET 2011

Hi cyberesprit!
You came here like the Spring! :D You made a really awesome theme! Now our
Freerunner seems really a brandnew smartphone :D
I was impressed by your work but I modified it a little bit according to my
needs, this is the changelog:

- /opt/qtmoko/etc/themes/faenqo.conf: added the string
"IconPath=/pics/themes/faenqo_pics", so in this way there is no need to
overwrite the default icons folder.

- /opt/qtmoko/etc/themes/home.xml: layout reworked to have OperatorName,
Date, Time with bigger character and Profile (see screenshots:
http://db.tt/vG5D0yZ);

- /opt/qtmoko/pics/themes/faenqo, some icons substituted:
-- titlebar and signal to have a better contrast (IMHO)
-- colored missed-call(1) and message-in
-- favourite, home, dialer (and I renamed the last one "phone.png" instead
of "text-css.png")
-- personal-contact, message, call-history

- /opt/qtmoko/pics/themes/faenqo_pics, some icons substituted:
-- qpe/ : AppsIcon, Docsicon, SettingsIcon
-- devtools, CallHistory, AddressBook

(1) pay attention, actually there are two icons, "call.pic" and "call.png",
delete "call.pic" otherwise during compilation there will be a non working
icon (see previous posts on qtmoko about the bug of invisibile missed-call
icon).

If you like these changes you can obviously merge them with your work! :)
Otherwise my work will remain a simple "derivative" :)

If anybody want to try it, download "faenqomod.tar.gz" from:
http://db.tt/vG5D0yZ
and just copy/paste folder and files following the proper order (there is no
need to overwrite existing icon folder). There is also
"faenqomod_svg_icons.tar.gz", all the icons that I reworked in svg.
I changed the name to faenqomod to distinguish it from the original faenqo
theme.
For now everything, apart the dialer, seems to work also with rotated
screen!

*screenshots* at the link above!

Regards
Joif