faenqo

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Sun Feb 6 20:18:43 CET 2011

Neil Jerram wrote:

> Although I have nothing but admiration for the way that Radek and his
> contributors have been shepherding and improving QtMoko, I haven't
> actually tried it recently because I find the default look too dull.
> But your theme makes me feel like trying QtMoko again.

There is also theme called asthromod, which is very beutiful too. The problem
with themes is that they are quite big to be all in default instalation and i
tried to solve this this weekend.

My idea is to extend the appearence dialog with button or option "get more
themes" which will preview all themes that we have and you can install new
theme with single click. The problem is how to package them.

First i tried to make theme packages with qtopia package system which looked
promising (package was created easily), but then it turned out that this
package system can install only to /home/root/packages and needs executable
binary.

So for now my plan is to make .deb package for each theme. I started learning
debian packaging system and now i think i can do it.

While learning debian packaging i made source package of qtmoko [1]. It does
not have correct dependencies, but otherwise you can build qtmoko .deb package
on PC host for ARM target. It's also possible to modify it for ARM package on
ARM host (pass some more arguments to configure as described here [3]).

While we are at it we could probably package all other qtmoko apps as .deb
packages.

Regards

Radek

[1] https://github.com/radekp/qtmoko/tree/master/debian