FOSDEM 2011

W. B. Kranendonk wankelwankel at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 6 22:32:40 CET 2011

Hi list,

I just returned from FOSDEM 2011. The GTA04 team had a seat available at the boot, so I spend most of my time showing the semi-/demi-populated GTA04-boards to the masses, explaining the various uses of the Navigation board, introducing even more people to the Openmoko-concept or just refreshing the collective memories (oh, is that project still alive? Great!).

Asthro has been repairing/bug fixing some units, including two of mine, thanks a lot again! The openembedded guys and Tux Brains were squeezed in between the Openmoko/GTA04 samples and the "phone doctor", and came up with the suggestion on the mailinglist earlier: lets team up with neighbouring (embedded) projects next year and get a room.

Well, looking back to a great weekend. Nice to see some of you in person!

Best regards,

Boudewijn