2.5 vs 3.5 jack

David Lanzendörfer david.lanzendoerfer at o2s.ch
Thu Feb 17 00:28:29 CET 2011

>Hi list,
Hello list-user :-)

>is anybody here from GTA04 developers?
yes

>if it's not late, would be great to hear some case concerning 2.5 jack
>retention. That's only thing I found objectionable in the current tech.
>specification. is it possible to change it in final PCB version to 3.5 standard socket to make it compatible with most widespread headphones standard?
Well, I'm plagued by the same issue. Here where I live, all connectors are
Ø3.5mm while the FreeRunner has Ø2.5mm.
I talked with Nikolaus about this topic already, and it's not that easy.
The board wouldn't fit into the case anymore,
so you would have need for a new one too...
Good thing is, that we also are already planning the gta05, and there I'm
organizing an amazing, cool and totally innovative new chassis in addition.
Can't tell too much as long as the specs are not CC-License, but:
It's TOTALLY cool ;-D

best regards
	lev