MicroSD cards support questions in gta02

W. B. Kranendonk wankelwankel at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 28 10:07:19 CET 2011

--- On Fri, 2/25/11, Πρεκατές Αλέξανδρος <aprekates at gmail.com> wrote:
> 1)(...) Doesnt that imply that there is no general bootloader
> working like in
> desktop pcs?
"Nail on the head": ARM does not come with BIOS. One of the effects is that the processor can not find out easily what hardware is connected, and has to be told exactly which memory address to read. That is told by the bootloader, which is located in the boot-partition of the NAND (and thus at a known location). Don't ask me too much of the details; its mostly hearsay I repeat ;-)