Good evening to everyone

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Sat Jan 1 12:14:40 CET 2011

Hrabosh wrote:

> 	Hello guys,
>
> I got my FreeRunner few weeks ago and since that I'm having fun
> discovering it :-)

I am having this fun already for 2 years, Freerunner is certainly best toy i
ever had :)

> 1/ USB Host is not working in v30, v31 (in v26 is). Dmesg says "unable
> to enumerate device". I was trying to connect USB flash drive, BT dongle
> and USBtoRS232 converter (With PL2??something chip) - all these were
> working on v26.

New 2.6.34 has now 2 sysfs nodes that have to be used together for the desired
result. It seems that the sysfs path for second one has slightly changed. If
you edit /opt/qtmoko/bin/usb-host.sh it should now read:

echo 0 > /sys/devices/platform/s3c2440-i2c/i2c-0/0-0073/pcf50633-gpio.0/reg-
fixed-voltage.2/gta02-pm-usbhost.0/power_on
echo device > /sys/devices/platform/s3c2410-ohci/usb_mode

and /opt/qtmoko/bin/usb-device.sh:

echo 0 > /sys/devices/platform/s3c2440-i2c/i2c-0/0-0073/pcf50633-gpio.0/reg-
fixed-voltage.2/gta02-pm-usbhost.0/power_on
echo device > /sys/devices/platform/s3c2410-ohci/usb_mode

I have also fixed this in git now, thanks for letting us know!

> 3/ Where am I to copy MP3 files to make MediaPlayer see them? I copied
> them to /media/card/Documents/audio/mpeg

You can use /media/card/Documents - all subdirs should be searched by qtmoko
document system scanner.

> 4/ Does anyone know how to set FreeRunner to play music over bluetooth
> audio stream? AFAIR it is called A2DP. Radio in my car is able to play
> such stream so I'd like to use it.

A2DP support should work from GUI. I have already described it in v26
announce, anyway here is copy paste:

A2DP (bluetooth audio) support works too but with some glitches. You need
headset with A2DP support. After pairing press "Supported services" from
bluetooth device context menu. New button "Connect audio (A2DP)" should then
appear. Sometimes it fails to connect. For me it help putting headset in
pairing mode, restart phone and then the button works. If you make the
bluetooth audio device default it will work in all alsa programs, but expect
problems e.g. with GSM calls. If you dont make it default GSM will be ok.
However only QMplayer can detect it and use it now.

> 6/ IS there a way how to enter Czech letters using FR keyboard ? ... at
> least in Navit? Street names in Navit are using czech letters and I'm
> not able to enter their names without having such letters on the
> keyboard.

It should be possible and not very difficult to implement it. There is already
package for russian keyboard (in Settings->package management). After
installing it and switching language to Russian you can select it for input.
Sources are here:

https://github.com/radekp/qtmoko-apps/tree/master/keyboard-addons/keyboard-
russian-abc

Please note that it's the finger frinedly keyboard [1] and russian letters will
appear after pressing switch.

> 8/ Can I install ipk packages to QtMoko?

You can only use .deb (native debian packages) or .qpk (qtmoko package
system). Most of .deb apps are for X11 and you can use them with QX
application. I think all possible qpk should be available under Settings-
>Package management.

> 9/ People I call with are complaining about bad sound quality. Did it
> happen to any of you?

It depends what "bad sound quality" means.

There is problem with buzz which is hardware problem and must be fixed in
hardware. IIRC i have never had this problem but you might not be so lucky. It
can be fixed by soldering capacitor - you can find more details on wiki if you
search for buzz fix.

If other side complains about low volume it can be quite easily adjusted. Make
a phone call, switch with AUX to phone main screen and start application
called NeoControl. You can play with volumes there until the other side is
happy and then you can permanently store them.

Regards

Radek

[1] http://activationrecord.net/radekp/qtmoko/screenshots/keyboard_skin.png