QtMoko v31

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Fri Jan 7 18:59:34 CET 2011

sferic wrote:

> I would like to use the new QtMoko v31 as my Dailly-Phone on NAND parallel
> to two other Distros and a big Documents-Partition on my SD-Card. Till v26
> I could boot QtMoko over U-Boot 1.3.2-moko 12 (AUX + Power) and the other
> two over Qi (Power with or without AUX). With the new v31 this is no
> longer possible

The problem is that qtmoko kernel image is now larger then 2MB uboot limit.
And it is also recommended to not use uboot from NOR for booting the phone.  I
dont know the details, but NOR uboot loader was said to be bugged and you will
also get worse performance then with qi from qtmoko download page (because of
glamo 242 timings).

I am afraid that nobody will try to solve problem with old uboot that cant be
reflashed, this uboot is only good for dfu-util flashing.

You can try new uboot that is maintained by Gennady, it should work good:

http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/U-boot-gena2x

or you can keep with qi and try switching partitions with AUX (which is quite
tricky but works).

Regards

Radek