qtmoko, new contacts deleted on reboot

Brian Kemp brian.kemp at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 04:30:14 CET 2011

On Mon, 2011-01-10 at 21:24 +0100, Alfa21 wrote:
> hello,
> when I add contacts to my address-book from a received sms or voice call, it's highly probable I loose them after a reboot.
> that happens not always but in 90% of cases.

In my experience w/ qtmoko v26 (haven't tested v31 yet) your contacts
aren't deleted - it's that loading contacts from SIM is best measured in
minutes rather than seconds. It is quite slow.

This is not unique to the FreeRunner - I have a Motorola C155 (it has
the same GSM chipset) and it can take about a minute for my contacts to
load on that phone.

This is why SHR (and Android) import contacts and store them in a local
database.

> my sim card is half free for new contacts.

Mine is quite full.

> also, I see if I do not enter my pin code for a while after a new boot, few contacts are loaded in "read only"... maybe from the sqlight file, but the sim is ignored.
> this kind of contacts are lost if I change the qtmoko installation (pristine installation) probably because they are not in the sim too.

QtMoko stores contacts in a local database as well, but in my experience
only if I entered them into QtMoko - booting w/o SIM only gives me my
most recent contacts (since last flash).

> also, I can't see anymore the "copy contact to the sim" menu (or similar caption)... but I'm probably confused now.

Where is that option? I've never seen it. I thought it was automatic.

--
--Brian Kemp
brian.kemp at gmail.com
PGP Key fingerprint: 1E5BF363