qtmoko, new contacts deleted on reboot

Alfa21 freerunner at my.is.it
Wed Jan 12 01:24:33 CET 2011

2011-01-10 at 22:30 Brian Kemp

> In my experience w/ qtmoko v26 (haven't tested v31 yet) your contacts
> aren't deleted - it's that loading contacts from SIM is best measured in
> minutes rather than seconds. It is quite slow.

no, no... that's another bug
I'm saying the new contacts are lost, the others (older ones) are all still there!

task I do to reproduce:
- open a received call from an unknown visible number
- push the button "save to contacts"
- create new? = yes
- usually I receive calls from mobiles, so I select the third icon "home+mobi (empty)"
- write the name of the contact
- press the green arrow to save
- the edit form is closed
- the incoming number is now correctly matched with the saved name
- the contact is in the address book
::reboot:: or ::shutdown+power::
- enter the pin and wait a while
- the address book is loaded with my contacts stored on the sim
- the new contact is not listed

I can see and confirm also with a regular phone the new contact is missing on the address book of the sim card.

--
ALFA21 IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED.