[debian] won't boot

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Mon Jan 17 09:21:14 CET 2011

On Monday 17 January 2011 02:36:49 Robin Paulson wrote:

> i recently installed qtmoko v26 on internal flash, and from there used
> the wiki instructions to install debian on sd. the install ran all the
> way through, and gave a me a message that all was well. except, it
> won't boot. i have qi installed, and if i read the wiki correctly, it
> will auto boot the first os on the sd card, so long as the kernel is
> in the correct position.
>
> so, i put some symlinks in /boot (in the 2nd partition on the sd),
> pointing to uImage, config and sysmap (in the first partition on the
> sd). it still won't boot, and i'm a bit lost now.

You can try hold POWER buttton when you are booting, qi will make kernel more
verbose so you can see the actual error.

Also please make sure you have append-GTA02 whith rootwait parameter on your
SD card:

cd /boot
echo "console=tty0 loglevel=3 rootwait" > append-GTA02

you can also try e.g. rootdelay=10 instead of rootwait.

Regards

Radek