GTA04 Wiki

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Wed Jan 19 08:18:35 CET 2011

Hi all,
thanks so far for the suggestions for new pages.

Am 18.01.2011 um 19:00 schrieb Glenn:

> At 14:09 +0100 14/01/11, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
>> Behind the scenes a lot of things are slowly progressing.
>>
>> One part is setting up a web interface to important information.
>>
>> Therefore, we have now installed
>>
>> 	wiki.gta04.org
>>
>> which is completely virgin..
>>
>> To start filling it with really useful information, please let us know
>> which pages (keyword, short description) you would expect.

I have added a "meta page" to "request" more pages:

	http://projects.goldelico.com/p/gta04-main/page/RequestedPages/

> Dear Nikolaus
>
> A suggestion.
>
> Is there any possibility that a wiki with Mediawiki-like syntax could be offered instead of the existing? I have just tried the new wiki. ( http://projects.goldelico.com/p/gta04-main/page/GTA04-revisions/ )
>
> I think it then would be easier to come from http://wiki.openmoko.org/  - and you can benefit from help in wiki.openmoko.org and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Community_portal and reuse templates and more.

Well, the idea is not to *replace* wiki.openmoko.org which is the Openmoko community page.

And it is not intended for heavily editing by users but it is thought to provide all the background
information we have collected during the development process.

So it should be the single entry point if someone is specifically interested in the GTA04 hardware
and basic software (bootloader, kernel hacking, hardware adaption). But not for higher end software.

> I you have already considered multiple wikis, then please tell us your considerations.

Basically we think of two information sources:
a) wiki.openmoko.org

* this  is run by the community and we are just a member
* GTA04 is just another project within the Openmoko community (like GTA01, GTA02, SHR, QtMoko etc.)

b) wiki.gta04.org
* this is the project specific wiki (therefore it is part of the Indefero based project management tool with its "Markdown" language)
* it links to source files and other resources
* it is the "official" reference maintained by the project management

So I would suggest that editing by the community starts and continues at:

	http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/GTA04

Best regards,
Nikolaus