qtmoko v32 (experimental)

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Wed Jan 19 22:53:43 CET 2011

Hi,
i have released new experimental qtmoko images. They are now based on debian
squeeze and they have new (not finished) bluetooth support based on bluez4.

You can download and get more info here [1] [2].

Here are changes since v31:

- switched from debian lenny->squeeze
- switched from bluez3->bluez4
- fixed the bug in power manager (switching battery/lock/charger)
- fixed USB device/host scripts for recent kernel
- fixed default DNS
- qx can install X server (xglamo/xorg-glamo)
- X server is no longer in image
- updated omhacks
- fixed qvga in qmplayer/qmokoplayer
- GPS is now really powered down when no one uses it
- SD card image has also manual pages and other data
- qemu build host for people who want to make release themselves (see [4])
- added files and info for native compiling on ARM host

As far as i have tested - most of the stuff should be ok. But the release i
marked experimental, because the changes are big.

Bluetooth is still work in progress. There are still some functions not
implemented and bluetooth handsfree is bugged (see below). I was able it to
pair with new device, you can see available services, you can use obex for
sending/receiving/browsing, A2DP works just fine. I am not sure if works the
scenario when headset connects to Neo, but Neo->Headset direction works. There
is also bug that sometimes you cant see just paired device. Workaround is exit
bt settings and enter it back.

Bluetooth handset: after pairing and connecting i can always hear phone
ringing, i can use the buttons, but sound is there just randomly. For me it
works somehing like this:

remove pairing with headset (if any).
reboot phone
make normal call (no bluetooth headset involved)
pair with headset
connect handsfree
make call with bt headset - sound is ok

Once it starts working it's ok. It would be nice to reproduce this bug and fix
it. Any suggestions and findings out how to reproduce are very welcome.

As for QX - it can now install X server. You will need interenet connection.
The xorg install should be quite ok, Xglamo install is hack, you will have to
wait long time and it gives no output, but it should work. I'll fix it for next
release.

Enjoy new version and bug reports are welcome (alhought i can start fixing them
not sooner then after 3 weeks). And also patches are welcome - i dont have
single one for this release!!!

Cheers

Radek

[1] https://sourceforge.net/projects/qtmoko/files/Experimental/