qtmoko, address book issue (v32 edition)

Alfa21 freerunner at my.is.it
Fri Jan 21 21:23:52 CET 2011

here I am again on this topic ;P
I know you are going to kill me because I insist too much on it :D

today I switched from v31 to v32, both of them stored on my uSD as rootfs.

iirc I added in my address book with v31 at least 5 new contacts.

now I've ereased the uSD (mkfs) and installed v32

right after the first boot and waiting for the full load of the contacts from my sim I noticed, first of all, every name is now truncated at 12 chars... but this is off topic here.

but the other thing on which I'm 100% sure is two of the new contacts I had in previous system is now disappeared.
I think they was stored only on the sqlite file and not copied on the sim card too.

the other was saved correctly, or almost... I do not know yet if 12chars length is only a presentation/cosmetic bug

now I've added a new, single, contact in v32 saving the number from a message (the sender of the sms) with a label of 11chars, powered down my gta02, booted and now it's correctly there in my address book... no bug this time

--
ALFA21 IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED.