Some newbee questions about Qtmoko, navit, Vodafone GPRS and battery capacity

Sebastian Reinhardt snr at lmv-hartmannsdorf.de
Thu Jul 21 23:13:13 CEST 2011

Am 20.07.2011 13:41, schrieb Sebastian Reinhardt:
> Am 18.07.2011 16:39, schrieb Martix:
>>>>
>>> Yes. I have done this. Example: yesterday evening, the phone was fully
>>> charged and I choose "power off gps" power off wifi" and "power off
>>> bluetooth". I locked the screen before going to bed. Today in the
>>> morning
>>> (7-8h later) the battery symbol was showing only one bar. Sometimes
>>> I got
>>> the alert of an critical battery level, but not today. So I think,
>>> anything
>>> is not ok..... :-(
>> Didn't you enabled GSM deep sleep mode on FR without recamping fix?
>>
>> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/GSM_oscillating_between_registered_and_not_registered_aka_1024
>>

>> Anyway, check if GSM deep sleep is disabled. There should be an option
>> for this in NeoControl.
>>
>> Best Regards,
>>
>> Martix

> Ok, I have activated "Depp sleep"- option in Neocontrol and now
> battery is discharging slower.
>
> The problem with connecting to Vodafone GPRS and also with navit is
> still there.....:-(

I downloaded the latest version of navit and used an new navit.xml-
file. Now navit works (I think, I deleted the section with "html"
definition of the subpages?!?)!

It seems that the "deep sleep"- option solved the "battery problem".

But now, the GPRS problem is still unsolved. Can anybody give me an
hint/ suggestion?

--
Kind regaards

Sebastian Reinhardt