[QtMoko] (v35) Network connections

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Wed Jun 8 08:44:20 CEST 2011

On Tuesday 07 June 2011 23:53:48 David Lanzendörfer wrote:

> Howdy how.
> Wouldn't it be easier to do something like liwi (SHR)
> which just lists all available networks?
> The need to type the specific ESSID into the phone suprised me a bit
> considering the rest of the environment which is soo much iPhone like
> in usage feeling.

You have to use the context menu on the "Wireless LAN" - there is item called
"WLAN detection". Then you have to use context menu again and select "Add new
networks...".

I wonder how this could ever pass any usability tests - it took me months to
discover it ;-). Patches to make it more simple are welcome. I think e.g. N900
has it solved in very nice way.

Regards

Radek