[openmoko-announce] Shiftd

Paul Fertser fercerpav at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 12:05:40 CEST 2011

openmoko at pulster.de (Christoph Pulster) writes:
>> We were fascinated, yet totally overwhelmed by the shear volume of
>> videos on the web.
> I am bored, yet totally disgusted of the video trash flowting around.
> 95% is pure waist of livetime, for the other 5% go and meet friends,
> paint a picture, enjoy nature, sports or find a girl to hug.

100% ACK. I find it occassionally useful to share links to some
youtube music videos with my friends, but for that XMPP (and
xmpp-based microblogging service that can also be accessed via
ATOM/RSS) and then youtube-dl+mplayer work just fine, i do not need
any other "fascinating" aggregation service.

As to the flash-based/using services in general (even as a PoC) i can
only echo it once again: it'd be nicer if those devs just went and
hugged their girls instead as it would have at least some potential at
making this world better, imho.

Be free, use free (http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html) software!
mailto:fercerpav at gmail.com

More information about the community mailing list