Have I fried my freerunner?

John O'Hagan research at johnohagan.com
Tue Mar 1 14:16:54 CET 2011

Hi,

After a couple of years of fairly trouble-free
qtmoko-FR use, I used a cheap in-car charger on a
recent trip. The charger died, and the FR itself
began exhibiting a number of odd behaviours such
as not coming back from suspend, indicating
charging status when it was not charging,
crashing, and after a couple of days, not booting
into qtmoko at all.

Instead, I get an error like "debugfs dir creation
failed -19", then a Debian login prompt.
Unfortunately, I haven't been able to ssh into the
FR to investigate, as it doesn't show up on my
debian laptop as usbX or ethX, only as /dev/ACM0,
so I'm stuck as to how to get the USB networking
going.

Any help appreciated.

John