psonek2 at seznam.cz
Fri Mar 4 07:37:04 CET 2011
i have uploaded new qtmoko v33 images to sourceforge now . They are still
called experimental, because a few things are still not perfect.
For more information about qtmoko please see .
Here is list of changes since v32:
* new theme "faenqo" (cyberspirit)
* qtmoko and it's applications are packaged as debian packages
* compiled natively on ARM with debian toolchain
* new web with applications and themes 
* applications are now installed from web browser
* new icon for installing qtmoko apps in Applications
* you can easily install new themes in appearence settings
* fixed usb mass storage script (thanks to Alfa21)
* omhacks are installed as debian package from sid
* qmplayer installs mencoder in debian
* mencoder uses ac3 codec for audio
* orange led brightness should be fixed (only in sources)
* moved all apps from qtmoko-apps git to qtmoko git
* updated docs for building and compiling
The list is quite short on how much of work it was.
Most of the effort was to package everything with debian package system. This
should be done now except for kernel which is on the list for next release.
For installing qtmoko with apt there is new line now in /etc/apt/sources.list:
deb http://qtmoko.sourceforge.net/debian/ /
Applications and themes are right now not in that repo. They can be installed
from web browser from url below . Applications are put in categories, they
have tags and screenshots for easy searching and navigation. Please let me
know if you have ideas or patches for improving this. The application web is
generated from .xml files with xsltproc and bash scripts so it should be quite
easy to change look or improve it.
Btw .deb packages for most of the apps are still building right now so please
be patient - i will upload them as soon as the build is finished.
Applications in this version can be still installed with old qtopia package
system, but i am going to disable this for next release if new packaging will
be ok for you.
My plan for next version is to fix regression if you find any, package properly
also kernel and release it as stable.
Plans for future is FSO framework in qtmoko.
Don't forget to try new faenqo theme or use older themes (asthromod) which
were only in git until now. They are really nice.
Thanks for supporting qtmoko
More information about the community