qtmoko v33

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Sat Mar 5 12:42:54 CET 2011

Alfa21 wrote:

> coooool! this is the killer point of the new release! ^_^
> I suggest you to add a default bookmark in arora browser (maybe instead of
> reddit!)

Nice idea, done:
https://github.com/radekp/arora-
neo/commit/fc5bd2e36841d61ec6074ea8895994a22be58761

> * unable to connect wifi wpa2-psk

Was is working in some older versions? It can be bug either in
wpa_supplicatant or in qmoko wifi plugin that creates configuration for
wpa_supplicant. Does it work when you setup wpa_supplicant from command line?
I am trying to connect WPA2-psk here and it does not work too :(

> * got some segfaults changing the theme and then opening the dialer

IIRC it crashed here to, but after restart it was ok.

> * removed package vim-tiny from v33 .tgz, please re-add it as default ;)

Hmm i am trying to keep the image as small as possible. I'd rather prefer if
people could install they favourite apps with apt-get.

> * visible kernel messages through the graphic desktop of qtmoko

Kernel should not print anything except serious errors. That should be fixed in
kernel instead. Do you know which message did you see?

> * orange (charge) led is dark, but I like it more :)

Should be fixed in sources, but i didnt want to recompile just because of this,
so it should be ok for next release.

> btw why in fstab you consider swap on p4? is there any doc about use of p3
> in qtmoko? (I usually set uSD's p1 as storage, p2 as rootfs, p3 as swap)

I used to partition my SD card like:

p1 for vfat
p2 for qtmoko
p3 for android/SHR
p4 for swap

I dont know if it's good idea to change this scheme. You can always make p3
and p4 partitions to match this scheme.

> ah, about fs type... do you consider for future releases using btrfs or
> ext4? I know they have optimizations for flash memory kind of storage.

IIRC you can use ext4 - it's compiled in kernel. Btrfs could be nice, but i
dont know if it makes sence now - e.g. if it performs good on FR. Unless
someone benchmarks it and proves that it works good on FR i'd like to keep
support only for ext2/ext3/ext4.

Regards

Radek