GPRS and QTMoko

W. B. Kranendonk wankelwankel at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 9 13:14:42 CET 2011

--- On Wed, 3/9/11, W. B. Kranendonk <wankelwankel at yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- On Tue, 3/8/11, Wesley Frazier
> <wes.frazier at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > If I boot my freerunner up from a
> > cold boot and manually start GPRS it
> > works fine. (...) it seems to
> > stop
> I got the same issue on QTMoko 0.33.
> A while back GPRS came up as well;
came up on the list, that is.

> run anything in the background
I tried one of the suggestions, run ping in the background as keep alive.

For the last one and a half hour (or something), ping has been running happily with about 750ms for an answer; count of icmp_req is 2800 at the moment.

The usefulness of the connection seems to have dropped though: the first minutes NeronGPS would receive tiles relatively fast, and browsing websites mostly filled with text would be OK.

At the moment, downloading four tiles for one screen of NeronGPS takes close to half a minute (increasing icmp answers to about 2 seconds).

All of this is symptom description of course, I still have to find out whether I am able to do anything useful with the underlying code.

Regards,

Boudewijn