QtMoko and FSO (was: qtmoko v33)

Dmitry Chistikov dd1email at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 09:01:59 CET 2011

Gennady Kupava, Mar. 09, 2011, 22:48 +0300:
> 1. qt stack has richer functionalily, better performance, and less bugs
> than that FSO dbus/vala thing (don't throw rotten tomatoes to me plese)
> 2. qt has it's own resource management, FSO - it's own, rewriting qt one
> to FSO one is worthless effort

OK, I'd like to ask one question now. Is there a reasonable technical
way to *control* qt-stack-managed Freerunner without GUI? This means
sending SMS from CLI and all these small things.

In other words, I'm interested in command-line interface instead of
programming interface. I believe the latter is up and running,
but is the former implemented?

Frankly, I do not know what the answer is.

And yes, in case it is like "You just invoke this function from this
library with proper arguments", I think I'll go and write a simple
CLI wrapper, for this is just what makes Unix-like systems so usable.
But if the only correct implementation lives deep in the code of qt stack,
then we'd better try and separate it.

Generally speaking, I guess it's convenient and powerful interfaces,
rather than compatibility with existing applications, that matter more
just here.

--
Dmitry Chistikov