qtmoko v33

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Thu Mar 17 10:58:45 CET 2011

On Thursday 17 March 2011 05:54:32 Philip Rhoades wrote:

> > * new theme "faenqo" (cyberspirit)
>
> Is this the default? - it looks the same as before - how do I change
> themes (I couldn't find the info anywhere) - ahh networking problem on
> my server - fixed now.

Settings->Appearence and select "more themes" from combo. I'd rather stick
with the old theme as default because it's well tested, but on the other hand
new themes are really nice...

> ? mplayer installed when I tried to play an audio file but mencoder is
> not installed . .

Mencoder is installed when you select "Encode". You can encode videos this way
for Neo resolution.

> > Plans for future is FSO framework in qtmoko.
>
> What will that provide?

Dbus interface for access to telephony and hardware. There was some discussion
on the list previously - mostly people are afraid that it will make phone
unstable. But i am not going to remove or break old qtopia phone stack. I'd
like to do this FSO integration while keeping old current implementation at
least until FSO is working perfectly. Maybe it will be available as separate
package, and it can be separate application in git. We will see, but don't be
afraid - i am not going to break anything.

Regards

Radek