[qtmoko33] wifi wpa2-psk issue (was: qtmoko v33)

Alfa21 mobile freerunner at my.is.it
Thu Mar 17 11:57:37 CET 2011

On Wednesday, March 16, 2011 13:17:56, Radek Polak wrote:
> On Tuesday 08 March 2011 22:29:22 Alfa21 wrote:
>
> > 2011-03-05 at 17:14 Alfa21
> >
> > > 2011-03-05 at 12:42 Radek Polak

> > > previously I had v31 and it was ok, but only on the first attempt and
> > > then I needed to reboot (rebooted also because wifi didn't stop and
> > > battery drain empty in few hours) the blue led in v31 did never turn on
> > > while connected.
> > > before v31 it was all ok... IIRC
> >
> > hi,
> > I tried to manually configure the wifi link:
> > as you can read below, seems to be something different with the wpa driver
> > in v33...
>
> Hmm i just tested wpa2-psk here at work and it works (only the first connect
> after reboot). But it can be of course different AP. You could try to enable
> Networking category in Settings->Logging and send me full log. Or you could
> try to replace wpa_supplicant with package from lenny. But I am not wifi expert
> so cant promise anything.
>
> Regards
>
> Radek

hi radek, i'm sorry for the silence.
i found the solution about this topic:
1) qtmoko doesn't kill wpa-supplicant closing wifi the first good time, this is bad!
2) because of previous point i messed too much and missconfigured my ap.. so i tried with wrong settings, ignore me: current supplicant is ok!
3) remains the problem of battery discharge when you disconnect from wifi:maybe interface doesn't go to sleep?btw i can force this by script (wifi off)

regards!