Wikireader notices on Twitter? (was: Openmoko / Medion Wikireader?)

Joshua Judson Rosen rozzin at geekspace.com
Fri Mar 25 04:13:08 CET 2011

Sean Moss-Pultz <sean at openmoko.com> writes:
> On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 2:10 AM, Patrick Beck <pbeck at yourse.de> wrote:
> >
> > Am Samstag, den 19.03.2011, 20:40 +0800 schrieb Sean Moss-Pultz:
> > > We are very focused on making WikiReader a retail success. We sent a
> > > newsletter out in January talking about our progress:
> > >
> > >http://us1.campaign-archive2.com/?u=b982f5bdf55759b5b47661379&id=17f3fdc0f8
> > >
> > > 3 times a year (quarterly) we update WikiReader's content. Usually
> > > with new languages and added Wikis (beyond just Wikipedia).
> >
> > i have not seen such a newsletter so it was a mistake by me. But i have
> > not found it on http://thewikireader.com/a/blog/
>
> We also announce this type of stuff on twitter (@wikireader) if you
> don't want to subscribe to the newsletter.

Hi Sean,

I wonder, would it'd be possible to also post these announcements to
identi.ca (or some other StatusNet/compatible site)? I'm sure there are
both end users and hackers there who'd like to get these little notices.

There are actually already `openmoko' and `wikireader' groups
on identi.ca, created by your fans:

    http://identi.ca/group/wikireader
    http://identi.ca/group/openmoko

Maybe you could use the identi.ca<->twitter gateway?

(I'm not really sure how that works--I could never figure out
how to use Twitter, so I don't currently have an account there...)