Bluetooth keyboards

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Mon May 2 13:41:08 CEST 2011

> > The distro only has to serve the needed bt-tools,
> > then everything will work.
>
> I recently bought the following one:
>
> http://cgi.ebay.it/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260747301433&ssPageName=
> STRK:MEWNX:IT
>
> which is quite cheep, small and light.
> It can pair with QtMoko but I can't use it for input. I tested it with
> the iphone of a colleague and, indeed, it works.

Did you connecting to the keyboard manually after pairing? Depending on
whether QtMoko is using bluez3 or bluez4 the method is slightly different, but
both are in the wiki:
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Manually_using_Bluetooth#HID_.28Human_Input_Device.29

If it works after manual connection then adding a GUI for it should be
relatively simple. If it doesn't then some deeper investigation will be
needed.