x11vnc and QTMoko

Philip Rhoades phil at pricom.com.au
Mon May 2 16:40:35 CEST 2011

giacomo,

On 2011-05-02 20:56, giacomo 'giotti' mariani wrote:
> On 05/01/2011 11:20, Philip Rhoades wrote:
>> giacomo,

>>> Hello Phil,
>>> I've just tried it: it displays correctly on my PC, but I can't input
>>> anything with mouse nor keyboard. Am I missing something?
>>

>> x11vnc behaves like twm - the pointer needs to be inside the window
>> for it to be active . .
>>
>> Let me know if that fixes things.
>>
>> Phil.
> Phil,
> thanks for your answer.
>
> If I understand correctly you are speaking about QX. I was wondering if
> keyboard and mouse could be used in "bare" qtmoko, for SMS and similar
> stuffs: entering the VNC window "neo:0" I see my mobile GUI, but I can
> not interact with it.

Not sure what you mean about QX - what I do is:

- from my desktop ssh to neo:

	ssh 192.168.0.202

- and then start my script:

	./px11vnc.sh

- from another window on my desktop run:

	vncviewer 192.168.0.202

my Neo display then shows up on my desktop and as long as I keep the
mouse pointer in the Neo window I can type into text messages etc from
the desktop machine.

Does that help?

Regards,

Phil.