About QtMoko future

Timo Jyrinki timo.jyrinki at gmail.com
Wed May 11 20:06:01 CEST 2011

2011/5/9 Radek Polak <psonek2 at seznam.cz>:
> qtopia => qt extended => qt extended improved => QtMoko
> From technical point of view QtMoko is using regular Qt as framework for GUI,
> networking and other nice features that Qt supports. Qt is just compiled with
> custom configure switches. We can upgrade Qt from upstream and receive new Qt
> features quite easily.

Great to hear that! I obviously thought Qt Exte... QtMoko is more
stuck in the Qt 4.4 time than it it is in reality. Sounds pretty
great, maybe actually at some point QtMoko or some part of it could be
pushed back to upstream as part of the ongoing improvements in the
Open Governance model :) Especially if there is something that would
help maintaining QtMoko in the longer term.

-Timo