tangogps and qtmoko

Gianluigi pulciux at fastwebnet.it
Thu May 12 07:28:57 CEST 2011

On Thursday 12 May 2011 03:40:59 Robin Paulson wrote:
> On 12 May 2011 09:12, Tiago Bortoletto Vaz <tiago at debian.org> wrote:
> >> Try to use window manager in setup. I've added Matchbox also; you'll
> >> have the "X" top-right corner to close application.
> >
> > I've done the same to fix it in my device. It works well. Use fullscreen
> > option in tango/foxtrot then you save the "X" space.
>
> thanks for the suggestions guys, that worked great.
>
> i've got a further problem now though: i can't get a gps fix. i've
> installed gpsd, and the port it pushes its data to is the same as the
> port tangogps looks on, but no go. i've left it outside in areas where
> i've previously got a good signal (with shr and other distros), so i'm
> sure it's the software. is there another component in the gps stack i
> need - there's nothing on the qtmoko or openmoko wiki about it

You must indicate in gpsd config file the device to use or init it by profile
QX file in tangogps/foxtrot entry.

this is my /etc/default/gpsd content:

# Default settings for gpsd.
# Please do not edit this file directly - use `dpkg-reconfigure gpsd' to
# change the options.
START_DAEMON="true"
GPSD_OPTIONS=""
DEVICES="/dev/ttySAC1"
USBAUTO="false"
GPSD_SOCKET="/var/run/gpsd.sock"

I get fix in few seconds.
--
In the strict scientific sense we all feed on death -- even
vegetarians.