[ANNOUNCE] release candidate 4 for new SHR-testing 2011.1

Thomas Zimmermann ml at vdm-design.de
Sat May 14 17:50:27 CEST 2011

Hi,
yesterday we hopefully fixed the bug that shr_elm_softkey doesn't start.
The problem was, that a part of the autostart function of e17 uses mmap, but
mmap doesn't work on jffs2.
We bumped the version of efreet to a newer version where some of the mmap
usages were removed.
But raster likes mmap very much, so we will probably see more of these
failures in e17 when it's used on jffs2. So we have 2 possiblilities for the
future, either drop jffs2 images in favor of ubifs or move all parts where e17
writes to to a tmpfs.
I would prefere the first one, because it's less work. But i won't decide this
on my own.

Because this was one of the two major bugs, i made an RC4.

Changes since RC3:
* shr_elm_softkey bug fixed
* foxtrotgps bumped to version 1.0.1
* some toolchain improvements
* fixed voiphandset statefile
* small fix in shr-settings (timezone lable)
* fix segfault when new desktop item is added
* fix segfault in libphone-ui messages list
* E battery indicator now uses FSO as backend
* fix sefault when GSM provider lable contains garbage
* newer ffphonelog version
* newer iliwi version

Thanks to all the people who helped fixing these bugs.

Regards,
Thomas