qtmoko - media player errors

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Tue May 24 07:46:59 CEST 2011

On Monday 23 May 2011 23:57:03 Robin Paulson wrote:

> i installed the codecs application this week, to allow my phone to
> play back mp3 files.
>
> i have copied some of my music to the phone and attempted to play it.
> around 5% of the tracks will play, the rest will not - i've tested
> probably 80. the track is ether skipped entirely or a message pops up
> 'the connection was broken'
>
> any ideas what is happening? i'm using the default qtmoko media
> player, and mp3s mostly encoded with LAME (not that this should
> matter, should it?).

There was always something wrong with the default media player, but i have
never had time to look at it. You can try to enable "media" category in log
and then check the sources, but i can't help more with this problem atm.

Alternatively you can use qmplayer which uses mplayer as backend and works
just fine.

Regards

Radek