power drain after wifi connection (was: [QtMoko] USB charging (and network) from Windows 7)

Alfa21 freerunner at my.is.it
Wed May 25 23:51:06 CEST 2011

2011-05-25 at 23:31 Paul Fertser
> Hm, you do not spare too many details, do you :) Are you really sure
> the ar6000 module is unbinded when you disable wifi?

sorry, I didn't know which kind of details you meant...

root at neo:~# lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by
sco                     6501  4
bnep                    8748  2
rfcomm                 30320  20
l2cap                  28055  16 bnep,rfcomm
ipv6                  214344  16
ppp_generic            18572  0
slhc                    4659  1 ppp_generic
g_ether                21328  0
s3c2410_udc            11483  1 g_ether

the same list before, during, after a successful wifi connection.
I do not find any "ar6000" in /lib/modules.

root at neo:~# uname -a
Linux neo 2.6.34.8-v33 #1 Thu Mar 3 21:19:00 CET 2011 armv4tl GNU/Linux

btw, in neocontrol I see around 225000 discharging current both before and after wifi, during the connection I see 350000.

now I've half battery, tomorrow morning I'll tell you if it's empty... I do not know if it something like my phone does not go in deep sleep anymore after a wifi connection because I do not know how to check the power consumption during std-by state.

--
ALFA21 IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED.